Monday, August 15, 2011

Salt Lake Wedding Photography - Nicole and Jamie

Nicole and Jamie
April 16, 2011
St. Johns Chapel
Plymouth, MI



BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations: Nicole Abate/ Health Care Human Resources/Workers Comp Director! Jamie Tilden/US Navy-Naval Flight Officer

How the couple met: Mutual Friends at a Halloween party October 18th 2008!

How he proposed: He proposed on Valentines Day 2010/He lives in Jacksonville- Florida on the St. Johns River. He took me out on his boat in 45-degree weather on the water, which was freezing cold. I was very upset we were on the water that day and he told me he had to get his boat over to the Yacht Club to park it there. I was actually upset and wearing my coat on the water because it was so cold, and I was annoyed because no one else was on the water but us. I told him this idea was crazy and not the way I wanted to spend Valentines Day. We had dinner reservations at a super nice place in San Marco called Matthews and they were for 8pm! Shortly after our decent the boat started to stall out and I freaked! I was cold and told Jamie this better not be happening in the middle of the St. Johns River, and I kept asking how we would be rescued because my cell phone was dead. Jamie had also told me to make matters worse that his family would be at the Yacht Club waiting for us because we were to have a late lunch once we got the boat there. Now I am cold, starving, and we are stuck so I thought…………..all of a sudden Jamie asked me to lift up the back bench and see if his tool set was there and I did, next I turned around and he had the front bench seat up and said “Oh look I found the problem” and there he was with my ring!!!!!! I was more then delighted and super surprised. I hate surprises and normally do not get surprised that often. I was so extremely surprised I was shaking and no longer was cold, or hungry! By the time we got to the club, everyone was there to greet us and there was a small party of people and cocktails waiting. I could not stop staring at my ring so while I was talking on the phone to my family up in Michigan, I actually ran into a wall because I was looking at my ring and not in front of me where I was going. That’s how he did it!

Bachelorette Party: Maid of Honor Sarah Groves house and then bar hopping in a limo at various bars and Club Bleu down town Detroit!

Bachelor party: Hilton Head South Carolina for a weekend of Golf with the guys!!

WEDDING

Ceremony Place: St. Johns Chapel in Plymouth MI

Date: 4/16/2011

The bride wore: Ulla Maija Couture Anouk Dress in Ivory

The groom wore: US Navy Officer’s Mess Dress Uniform with mini medals

RECEPTION

Reception Place: Inn at St. Johns Grand Ball Room-Plymouth MI

Wedding music: Top Gun Anthem and sound track song Danger Zone for grand entrance into a military sword arch!

Wedding song: Frank Sinatra –The Way You Look Tonight

Menu:
Selection 1: Herb-crusted chicken breast
wild rice-dried fruit timbale,
creole mustard cream sauce
roasted
Selection 2: Atlantic salmon
chive buttermilk whipped potatoes, baby spinach-
fresh tomato, aged sherry vinaigrette
Selection 3: Mushroom-foie gras crusted filet of beef wild mushroom crepe
gorgonzola whipped potato

Cake: Red Velvet with Ivory Butter Cream Cheese Frosting/Garnished with elegant gold ribbon and roses in my chosen color of deep burgundy red wine.

Colors: Ivory-Black-Deep Burgundy Red Wine

Theme: Grand Ball Room Style 1930-50s Black Tie

Flowers: All Roses Deep Red

Décor elements: Old Fashioned Traditional- Center pieces were gold candelabras with red roses in our color, mix of square and round tables of 10! Double bustled tables of Mocha and Golden Lace bustled over lay. Chivalries chairs and mini easels for the table numbers and menu cards.
We gave all of our guests some really nice wine stoppers with the traditional Italian Almonds and our names and wedding date on the candy.

Unique details: We had a old traditional but grand entrance by waling under a military sword arch as they announced us as newly married coming into the Grand Ball Room!

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer: The “First Look” was pretty amazing for me!! I was anticipating that moment in my life where my love would see me and was hoping for the exact reaction I got! It also was nice to hear from many guests and just random people passing through the hotel and chapel how they had “never seen such a beautiful dress and bride” always nice to hear!!

Groom's answer: Seeing my future wife for the first time in her dress. There aren’t too many perfect moments in a guy’s life, but this one topped them all!

HONEYMOON: Savannah Georgia

Place: Mansion on Forsyth Park

A memorable moment of the honeymoon: Taking a tour of all the old homes and eating at Elizabeth on 37th Street

WEDDING ADVICE: I would definitely make sure you always have a plan B when it comes to the process, place, and people who will be directly participating in your event. It really left me without any stress and if something went wrong and I knew we might have a snag in a plan then I already knew where to focus next. Do not let other people get in the way of what you would like to do, just remember and do not feel too bad about what you want because its only one day, and at the same time remember that this may be your most special day but it is not everyone else’s so keep that in mind too! Make sure you pick venders that get back to you and treat you well even if your wedding is a year out, if they don’t really return your calls until a month later or get snappy-lose them and move on!








































VENDORS

Rings: Blue Nile on the Web! I highly recommend them and let me tell you ladies; I have gotten tons and tons of compliments on my rings. Go to the site and read the reviews and endorsements. I had my rings both appraised by Blue Nile and a local jeweler (Tappers in Birmingham MI) and they value was the same so do not get weird because you are getting your ring online.

Invitations: Emerald City Designs

Rehearsal dinner: Mitchell’s Fish Market Livonia, MI

Guest book: Wedding Shoppe in Berkley Michigan

Photography: Opiefoto

Videography: Complete Video Solutions-Tom Santilli

Bridal gown: Roma Sposa Birmingham MI

Alterations: Wedding Shoppe-ask for Michelle!

Hair and Makeup: Aqua Salon Royal Oak-Justine Debono/Deyo Studio-Russ Simon

Bridesmaids' dresses: They all got to pick their own black floor length gowns!

Groom’s Tux/Suit: Military Dress and President Tuxedo of Novi

Flowers: Emerald City Designs

Decorations and rentals: Emerald City Designs

Catering: Inn at St. Johns

Cake: Pastry Palace

Venue: In at St. Johns Plymouth Michigan

Entertainment/Music: Happy Hour DJ- Eddie Hakim is awesome!!!

Wedding favors: We did two different types of really nice wine stoppers. We had a glass grape wine stopper and a cal lillie wine stopper! Wine stoppers came from: Nice Price Favors/94 Gardiners Ave, Levittown, NY 11756 (People were great to deal with and they came in very fast! They will also replace any that come broken with no problem!) We also had the traditional Italian almond candies with our names and wedding date attached.

Wedding planner: Emerald City Designs

Officiant: Our Lady of Sorrows-Father Mark Brauer

Transportation: Millennium Limousine

Guest lodging: Inn at St. Johns Hotel


Any other vendors not listed: University of Michigan NROTC for providing swords for the ceremony!
Wedding Shoppe provided all jewelry and veil for my dress!
Carls Golf Land for the personalized golf balls!



No comments: