Monday, March 28, 2011

Utah Wedding Photographer - Michelle + Artumus

Michelle + Artumus
September 18, 2010
Le Jardin


BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations:
Bride: Clinical research
Groom: Laborer

How the couple met:
We took a ballroom dancing class in high school together. For roll call we had to line up in alphabetical order and got to talking to each other, but Artumus wasn't very quick to move past friendly chatter. One day I snagged my pants on a nail and ripped a huge hole in them. Artumus came to my rescue and let me borrow his coat so no one else would see it. He had left his car keys in the pocket and I made him go through the paces to get them back. Once he realized that I was interested in him (and I knew he had a great sense of humor and a whole lot of patience) we started dating and we've been together since.

How he proposed:
Artumus took me to Tucci's which is where we had our first date and have celebrated most birthdays and anniversaries.

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party:
My sister and sister-in-law took me to Tucci's and Keys on Main. It was super fun and I was finally able to accomplish my dream of walking into a bar and requesting a Barry Manilow song.

Bachelor party:
Artumus denies this ever occurred.


WEDDING

Ceremony Place:
Le Jardin

Date:
18 September 2010

The bride wore:
Victoriana by Maggie Sottero

The groom wore:
A black tux with a silver vest and tie


RECEPTION

Reception Place:
Le Jardin

Wedding music:
Classical CD borrow from Le Jardin

Wedding song:
"Look After You" by the Fray

Menu:
Appetizer: bruschetta and fruit
Salad: Caesar
Entree: con pollo and pomodoro from Tucci's
Desert: wedding cake and candy bar
Drinks: Italian cream sodas

Cake: Three tiered square cake with pink flowers and silver butterflies

Colors: Pink, silver, white, and black

Theme: No specific theme. I just took the things I like and incorporated them into the wedding.

Flowers: Pink roses for bridal party and pink hydrangeas for the tables

Décor elements: The tables had black and white linens with silver potted pink hydrangeas. Everything else in the greenhouse was already set up and beautiful.

Unique details:
I had silver butterflies on the cake and invitations to match the calla cut diamonds in my engagement ring.


MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer:
Practicing our first dance in the brides' room a couple of minutes before we were supposed to go out and dance in front of everyone. It was a nice to have some alone time and a reminder of how we met.
Groom's answer:
Our first dance and the four minutes we got to sit down and eat dinner. (The time we got to spend alone together.)


HONEYMOON

Place: Our apartment! Artumus got sick so we canceled our trip to Vegas. We are going to New Orleans and a cruise to the Caribbean in a couple of months.

A memorable moment of the honeymoon:
Artumus tried to carry me over the threshold, but got caught up in my dress and dropped me.


WEDDING ADVICE
Keep perspective. Good or bad, your wedding is not your marriage.









































VENDORS

Rings:
Brides' ring: Shane Co.
Groom's Ring: Schuback Jewelers

Invitations:
Homemade. We hand embossed silver butterflies on silver edged invitations from Xpedx.

Guest book: My sister designed the layout of a photo book for us and printed it through Shutterfly.

Photography: Opiefoto!

Bridal gown: Fantasy Bridal

Alterations: Fantasy Bridal

Hair and Makeup: My bridesmaids!

Bridesmaids' dresses: David's Bridal

Groom’s Tux/Suit: Clark's Tuxedo

Flowers: Lea Matson (neighbor who does beautiful flower arrangements)

Decorations and rentals:
Linens were through Specialty Linens. Almost everything else was through Le Jardin.
Catering: Tucci's

Cake: Granite Bakery

Venue: Le Jardin

Entertainment/Music: Ipod and CD's

Wedding favors: Candy bar

Wedding planner: None (although we definitely should have gotten one)

Officiant: My parent's bishop

Transportation: We used my car. I'm lucky enough to own a Beetle.


No comments: