Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Utah Wedding Photography - Chelsey + James

Chelsey + James
October 10, 2010
The Point


BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations:
Chelsey- Hairstylist at Landis Aveda Lifestyle Salon
James- Customer Service at Verizon Wireless and small business owner.

How the couple met:
Through a mutual friend.

How he proposed:
James ordered P.F. Changs take-out and set up a "picnic" on our living room floor, after we got done eating, I reached for my fortune cookie, opened it, and the fortune read "Just say YES!" and James reached behind him and grabbed the ring, and popped the big question!

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party:
My maid of honor planned a fun "owl" themed bridal shower. We just ate yummy desserts and hung out. The favors were tote bags with two owls on them that said "owl you need is love"

My aunt planned the family bridal shower and we ate a great dinner, and everyone that was there shared their best advice for me as a wife.

For my bachelorette party, I went out to dinner with a lot of my girl friends. After that, we met up with the boys and went to a bar. (since we had family in town, we all wanted to visit)

Bachelor party:
Well first off, let me say that while Chelsey had her bridal shower my friends had a "Man Shower" for me. We ate burritos and watched awesome action movies. It was very manly.

As for the bachelor party, we didn't do anything too crazy. Just got all of my friends together and went to SkyBox at the Gateway for some dinner and sports. It was great because my brother and brother-in-law were in town, so I was super excited just to get to hang out with them. After that we met up with the girls (like Chelsey already described.)

Oh, I almost forgot about the part where we stole a tiger...but I'll save that story for another time.


WEDDING

Ceremony Place:
The Point

Date:
10-10-10

The bride wore:
A dress :)
It was from Davids Bridal. Galina Signature was the brand. It was white, and pretty.


The groom wore:
A chocolate brown tux with a white vest and brown tie.


RECEPTION

Reception Place:
The Point

Wedding music:
Our own special iPod mix

Wedding song:
Norah Jones- Come Away With Me

Menu:
Stuffed Peppers
Mini Sandwiches
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fruit Skewers
and....
Buffalo Chicken Wings, yes, it's true.

Cake:
3-tier square cake. Bottom tier was lemon with cream cheese filling, Middle tier was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, and top tier was white with raspberry filling.

Colors:
Teal and Orange

Theme:
Autumn and peacock feathers

Flowers:
Orange lilies, Orange daisies, white roses (just in my bouquet) coffee bean for the filler.

Décor elements:
fall leaves, peacock feathers.

Unique details:
The gorgeous view, and we had a really fun photobooth from ShutterBooth!


MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer:
When my dad and I were hiding behind a wall, waiting to walk down the aisle, and he was helping me fix the train on my dress and told me how pretty I looked.

Groom's answer:
It's so cliche, but I'd have to say when I saw Chelsey start walking down the aisle. My friend told me I would lose my breath, and he was right. I'll never forget how amazing she looked, and how happy she makes me.

Other than that I would have to say just having our friends and family all hanging out. And my awesome Jackhammer dance, of course.


HONEYMOON

Place:
California - we went to Disneyland, then down to Del Mar/San Diego

A memorable moment of the honeymoon:
Seriously? We have to try to pick ONE? Disneyland was really fun. But also the sunsets on the beach. Perfection.


WEDDING ADVICE

LAUGH. A LOT.

Also, you don't need to spend a lot of money to have a nice wedding. Find ways to do things yourself and you'd be very surprised at what you can make happen, on any budget.










































VENDORS

Rings:
Morgan Jewelers

Invitations:
Homemade

Rehearsal dinner:
Barbeque at Chelsey's parent's house

Guest book:
Came with the photobooth. It printed 2 copies of each photo: one to go into the sign in book, the other for our guests to keep.

Photography:
The one and only, Opie! So amazing!

Bridal gown:
David's Bridal

Hair and Makeup:
Mandy at Landis Aveda

Bridesmaids' dresses:
Nordstrom

Groom’s Tux/Suit:
Men's Wearhouse

Flowers:
The Flower Patch

Decorations and rentals:
Homemade with materials from Michael's and Tai Pan

Catering:
The Point

Cake:
Dick's Market

Venue:
The Point

Entertainment/Music:
we made our own playlist on our iPod

Wedding favors:
copy of photobooth prints

Officiant:
Chelsey's cousin, Scott Moore

No comments: