Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Utah Wedding Photographer - Rachel + Matt

A note: I've been putting off posting this wedding on the blog because I get a little emotional thinking about sharing these pictures. This is my little sister's wedding that happened back in August. A very special thank you to Heather at Heather Nan Photography for shooting this wedding with me. If it wasn't for Heather we wouldn't have any group pictures and I would have completely lost my mind. The picture below is of my sister and I when we took a cruise together back in May. At that time she wasn't engaged. Rachel and Matt announced their engagement 6 weeks before the wedding. Gasp! They had only 6 weeks to plan. Then Rachel told me she decided to do her own flower arrangements minus the walking flowers. I volunteered to help do the flowers at my house. Two days before the wedding boxes and boxes of whole sale flowers arrived at my house. Rachel and I spent 2 days strait on our feet putting together flower arrangements in the TV room downstairs. This is something I wouldn't wish on any bride or family member. We were very tired! I honestly took on more then I should have for my sister's wedding. The day of the wedding I had to deliver the flowers, help set up, photograph the wedding, and wear a nice dress and be in the photos. If Heather wasn't there to help out with covering the wedding I would have killed over right after the ceremony.

Rachel I love you and I'm so happy you found Matt.

<3 Opie










Rachel + Matt

August 26, 2010
Miller Bird Refuge


BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations:
Bride: Civil Engineer
Groom: Pinnacle Security Sales

How the couple met:
We met when we were twelve years old and lived around the corner from each other for about 6 years. We started dating back in October 2009 when we decided to catch up.

How he proposed: After working in New Jersey for a couple of months he surprised me by coming home early and telling me that he couldn't live without me.

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party: My best friend, my older sister and I went to the Melting pot and then went dancing afterward.

Bachelor party: The guys spent a night up in Snowbird enjoying the cliff spa and hiking


WEDDING

Ceremony Place: Bonneville Glenn Park/ Miller Bird Refuge

Date: August 26, 2010

The bride wore: A white Gown with a birdcage hat/veil

The groom wore: Black pinstriped tux from Clark's tuxedos


RECEPTION

Reception Place: Bonneville Glenn/ Miller Bird Refuge

Wedding music: Jazz Combo

Wedding song: Sway

Menu: Ham with a baked potato bar salad and vegetable.

Cake: Three tier chocolate with cream cheese filling and fondant icing.

Colors: Navy blue and apple green

Theme: Love birds in an enchanted forest

Flowers: Blue Dendrobium Orchids with green roses, hydrangeas, and white lilies

Décor elements: Bird nest/ bird cages/ bird houses in a small clearing next to the red butte river.


MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer: Running away from the reception together.

Groom's answer: When he first saw me coming up the aisle


HONEYMOON

Place: Snowbird Resort

A memorable moment of the honeymoon: While we were hiking along a river we came across a group of photographers photographing a naked woman. That hike was pretty intimate and nice too.


WEDDING ADVICE

Don't try and please everyone, its your wedding, do it the way you want it done.














































VENDORS

Rings: Two secret online jewelers

Invitations: J-Mart Publishing

Rehearsal dinner: None

Guest book: A collection of pictures of the dates we had gone on together, put together by us.

Photography: Opiefoto

Bridal gown: Davids Bridal

Hair and Makeup: Salon NV

Bridesmaids' dresses: Dillards

Groom’s Tux/Suit: Clark's Tuxedos

Flowers: White Willow, Flowerexchange/fiftyflowers put together by the bride and her older sister.

Decorations and rentals: Occasions by Crawford

Cake: Pink Icing

venue: Bonneville Glenn/Miller Bird Refuge

Entertainment/Music: Deborah Johnson string quartet, and Chris Wilson and "the guys" Jazz Combo

Officiant: David Cloward

1 comment:

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

What a good looking couple! I love that their colors were blue and green. Those are my colors too and now I can see how gorgeous it looks! I briefly considered doing my own flowers too but I'm so glad I decided against it. Can't wait for you to shoot our wedding!