Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Utah Wedding Photographer - Catherine + Blake

Catherine + Blake
July 9, 2010
Bountiful Temple
Eldredge Manor



BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations: Him- Human Service Tech, Her- Food service

How the couple met: High school, he served an LDS mission, and we wrote.

How he proposed: On temple square

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party: Our families and friends each threw us a shower, and the night before we had a combined dinner party


WEDDING

Ceremony Place: Bountiful Temple

Date: July 9th 2010

The bride wore: Casablanca bridal gown

The groom wore: Grey pin-stripe suit


RECEPTION

Reception Place: Eldredge Manor

Wedding music: Blake won my heart in high school with a mix-cd he gave me before we were really dating. He made a mix for the wedding using some of the songs.

Wedding song: Kingdom come- Coldplay

Menu: Ice cream sundae buffet, and cup cakes

Cake: Parsons bakery-White on white, Catherine designed it.

Colors: Red and Purple

Theme: Buttons

Unique details: I wanted to be able to keep my bouquet after the wedding. So we brainstormed and came up with the button flower bouquet. It turned out really nicely, and we ended up using buttons as the theme for the wedding.


MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer: After the ceremony when we left to change into our wedding attire, I told him I'd see him soon, looking beautiful. He replied "You already are more beautiful than I could imagine." Then walking out and seeing my husband all dressed up in his suit waiting for me was awesome.

Groom's answer: Waiting to go into the ceremony room at the temple, sitting quietly holding hands.


HONEYMOON

Place: Road trip to Yosemite and San Fransisco

A memorable moment of the honeymoon:
On the drive back, we were pretty tired and had been driving for a long time. Blake was driving, and we stopped to get some gas. We pulled out of the gas station and Blake was driving on the wrong side of the road. After about half a mile, he turned to me and asked "Am I driving on the wrong side of the road?" That's when I decided I better take a turn driving.

WEDDING ADVICE
Don't be afraid to have have some personal time. It's a big adjustment, so being alone is nice sometimes.


















VENDORS

Rings: His-J Brooks, Hers- Inherited from her grandmother

Invitations: Catherine designed them, Alphagraphics printed them.

Rehearsal dinner: We had family and friends together at the grooms home.

Photography: Opie Foto

Bridal gown: I chose to have my gown custom made for me by a lady in Pensylvania on etsy. It was not a good idea. After having it arrive late (less than a week before the wedding.) it was AWFUL. The sleeves were two different lengths, the waistband was sewn in crooked. It wasn't even salvageable. My mom got on the phone and called all of the bridal shops that I had gone to. They pulled the dresses that I liked for me and the next day we went into Bridal Image. They were so kind, and helpful. The same thing had happened to them. I found a dress that was very lovely, and didn't need alterations. They cleaned it for me and had it ready to go!

Hair and Makeup: My sister in-law

Bridesmaids' dresses: I chose the fabric and the girls made skirts.

Groom’s Tux/Suit: Mr. Mac

Wedding favors: We had a candy buffet

No comments: