Sunday, July 4, 2010

Utah Wedding Photographer - Grace + Jon

Grace + Jon
June 12, 2010
Tuscany
Salt Lake City, Utah



BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations:

Jon = Project Manager @ Siemens Building Technologies
Grace = Software Engineer @ 3M Health Info Systems

How the couple met:
Online at chemistry.com

How he proposed:
We had a regular family dinner with Andrew, his 9 yr old son, at Lone Star Steak House. It was the day after valentines, and I totally didn't expect it. Both father and son were all smiles all night, but I just thought they had my valentine's present (I had asked for a motorcycle helmet). At the end of dinner, Jon asked (as he always does) "Have I told you today how much I loved you?" As usual, I said, "Not enough." Then he goes "I can't live without you, will you marry me?". He was teary eyed, and I got teary eyed, then Andrew handed me a red rock he found at school, to match the "rock" his dad got for me. I love it that Andrew was there for our proposal.

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party
:
A few co-worker girl friends and I went to "Keys on Main" to enjoy food, drinks and conversation, but nothing close to a traditional shower. They gave me gift cards to spend at Victoria's Secret.


WEDDING

Ceremony Place
:
Tuscany

Date
:
June 12, 2010

The bride wore
:
Pronovias 'Rebeca' Gown with a custom sewn corset

The groom wore
:
Hand embroidered "barong" (traditional Filipino formal mens wear) made with pineapple and silk thread (called pina jusi).


RECEPTION

Reception Place
:
Tuscany

Wedding music
:
Ipod playlist

Wedding song
:
Marry Me - Train

Menu
:
Salmon on couscous or NY Strip Steak with sides

Cake
:
Granite Bridal 'Heidi' Cake

Colors
:
Red & Ivory

Flowers
:
Bouquet and most decor flowers from Costco, assembled/created by bride, MOH & bride's sister. Ceremony pedestal arrangements were from Floral Patch. Fresh petals and corsages from Harmon's floral.

Décor elements
:
We had hand painted signs from Diane Coyle (etsy.com, Signs By Diane).

Unique details
:
A message tree, made with birch and curly willow branches with hand glued crystals, and fresh roses. We bought hanging bud vases from Pottery Barn, which we hung from the branches, and also hand painted bookmarks with ivory paint and tied red ribbon on them, for guests to sign messages on. This was our "guest book".


MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer
:
Seeing Jon's watery eyes as we joined hands for the ceremony.

Groom's answer
:
When I saw Grace at the entrance of the ceremony room, I started getting teary eyed.

HONEYMOON

Place
:
We have a family trip to Maui in July. We're hoping to save up for a real honeymoon to Paris in 2011.


































VENDORS

Rings
:
The Shane Co.

Invitations
:
Wedding paper divas

Guest book:

Message tree created by bride, MOH and bride's sister.

Photography
:
OpieFoto

Videography:
Camelot Studios

Bridal gown
:
Judy Gentry (former bridal shop owner)

Alterations:

A Perfect Fit (Ivy Place)

Hair and Makeup:
Enizio

Bridesmaids' dresses:
David's Bridal

Groom’s Tux/Suit
:
Barong Filipino (Manila, Philippines)

Flowers
:
Costco, Harmons and Floral Patch

Decorations and rentals
:
Etsy.com, Diamond Rental, Bride's own

Catering
:
Tuscany

Cake
:
Granite Bridal

Venue:
Tuscany

Wedding favors:
Guests took floral decorations home

Wedding planner
:
Candice at Tuscany

Officiant:
Pastor John Cowan, Calvary Chapel

Transportation
:
Bride and Groom's own

1 comment:

Frances said...

Love your work, especially since it involves pictures of home (slc). I have a quick question for you... I am an event florist and no matter how hard we try we can not take the amazing shots you can, it's an art right? So, is there a proper way to form an alliance with the photographer from the event you did the flowers for so you can showcase your work and theirs at the same time? Would you mind helping me out? Any hints?

Thanks!

Frances Egbert - TMF
The Blooming Idea
thebloomingidea.blogspot.com