Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ogden Utah Wedding Photographer - Courtney & RJ - Earl's Lodge

Courtney + RJ
Earl's Lodge
Snowbasin Ski Resort
Ogden, Utah


BEFORE THE WEDDING

Occupations:
Bride: Nanny
Groom: Medical Student

How the couple met:
Through friends during college at the University of Utah.

How he proposed:
At the airport on a visit to Utah.. He could not wait.

Bridal shower/Bachelorette party:
My Aunt and cousin gave me a family shower in Reno, NV where my mom is from and als my sisters threw me a shower at my parents home in Pasadena, CA where I am from. And my sister MaCall and best friend Dre threw me a bachelorette party in Hollywood, CA where we went to Sushi at Club Sushi and out on the town.

Bachelor party:
The boys and I played golf at Davis, before a Sushi dinner at Shinsei on 25th street in Ogden.

WEDDING

Ceremony Place:
Snow Basin Resort, Huntsville, Utah

Date: July 16, 2009

The bride wore: A Mermaid vintage inspired Nicole Miller Gown

The groom wore:Classic black tuxedo with a little flare. He added a bow tie which his Grandfather had made for him.

RECEPTION

Reception Place: Snow Basin Resort, Huntsville, Utah

Wedding music: We had a DJ but also highlighted some friends of ours, and the grooms best man Codi Jordan by having him play some original songs on acoustic guitar. We also had another very talented musician, Kyle MCDonald of the band Slightly Stoopid play acoustic guitar as well.

Wedding song: The Flamingos, I only have Eyes for you

Menu: During the cocktail hour which followed the reception we had butler passed appetizers ranging from Chicken satay to Crab cakes.

For the first course we were table served a salad of bay greens with classic dijon Vinaigerette and for the main course there was a choice of roasted chicken breast with tomato-caper sauce, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and sauteed vegetables with basil or grilled salmon fillet with orange-lime beurre blanc, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed seasoned vegetables. Lastly you could opt for the vegetarian palenta.

Colors:We chose Cream and Chocolate brown. It was beautiful mixed a little bit with natural green in the flowers. . Chic, classic, and elegant.

Theme:We wanted a classic wedding but with highlighting the beautiful surroundings of Snow Basin Resort.

Flowers: Huge bouquets of cream Callalillies, hydrangea's, and Roses. Also, we brought some of nature inside with branches and twigs we collected from the area.

Décor elements: We went with long tables rather than rounds and I was so pleased. They turned out beautiful. Also, my (courtney's) mother is an Interior Designer in Los Angeles and her experience, knowledge, and class made for an amazing wedding. She really helped with the design and also constructed the the Flower arrangements.

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

Bride's answer:
The entire event. From walking down the aisle to driving away. I will remember our wedding day forever.

Groom's answer:
My friend in the tuxedo tee shirt.

HONEYMOON

Place: Jackson Hole, Wyoming ...my new husband had to get back to school in Philadelphia!

A memorable moment of the honeymoon:

River rafting down the snake river and swimming in it together!


WEDDING ADVICE

Bride- I say do what YOU want. It's your one day to do it. I am so happy. I had a dream wedding and am so thankful.






































VENDORS

Rings: Both RJ and my rings are family heirlooms from his family.

Invitations: Zurchers had a great selection.

Rehearsal dinner: We had a fun bbq with good friends and family and good food. Food was provided by Sandy Oliva. A great friend and host.

Photography: OpieFoto. We chose Opie after viewing a friends photo album and loving what she had done for them. Thanks Opie!

Alterations:
The dress fit perfect. I loved all the Nicole Miller dresses I tried on. The fit is what won me over! My mother inlaw is a master seamstress so I had her hem the dress.

Hair and Makeup: Hair by my fabulous sister Megan Ryan. She is a stylist in Arizona and am so thankful for her. I loved my hair cut, color, and hair do.I fly across country just to see her...she has done my hair for years and I absolutley love it.

Bridesmaids' dresses: Having been a bridesmaid many times before I thought of what I would want to wear as a bridesmaid. Also, my friends and sisters all have unique styles so I let everyone wear their cutest black dress. And they did.

Flowers: My mother ordered the flowers from Ensign Floral and then constructed the entire event with the help of a small team including my new sister in-law who is also a designer here in Utah, Julia Stillwell.

Catering: The resort is a 5 star all inclusive venue so they provided everything from the ceremony outside to the Cocktail hour, dinner, and Wedding Cake.

Cake: We had a 3-tiered chocolate buttercream cake made by the resorts Swiss Trained pastry chef. The top layer was filled with a cappuccino cream followed by the next tear filled with vanilla bean and the bottow tier was a raspberry cream.

Venue: Snow Basin Resort, Huntsville, Utah

Entertainment/Music: DJ Dwane @ CD Mobil Music, Codi Jordan of Codi Jordan Band, & Kyle McDonald of Slightly Stoopid

Wedding favors: Groom gave groomsmen all a hand made bolo tie...with the help of his grandfather who besides being a well respected retired doctor in Ogden is also a lapidary Artist.

Wedding planner: The Bride, her sister Macall, Mom and Designer Mary Anderson of Design Portfolio, with the help of the Groom's mother Joyce as well.

Officiant: Mayor Mark Allen, of Washington Terrace in Ogden, UT

Guest lodging: Moose Hollow and The Cascades at Wolf Creek Resort

No comments: