Saturday, August 22, 2009

Utah Wedding Photographer - Melinda + David - Heber, Utah

Melinda + David

July 11, 2009

Heber Utah


BEFORE THE WEDDING


Occupations: Melinda is a full time student at Southern Utah University. David is a lead custom cabinetry installer.


How the couple met: We met the first day of class in the 5th grade. He would make fun of me because I would use a lot of colors for my water coloring.


How he proposed: We have a lake that sits in front of our house, there is somewhat of a secret spot that you can launch your boat from. We have been down there many times. He told me earlier that day that he went to go and talk to my Dad about something important. He told me ‘There are some things that I want to talk to your Dad about, kind of make our relationship better’. So I thought that it was going to turn out to be a terrible conversation, just because I know my Dad. He called me later on that day and said that he needed to talk to me about something. I thought this was also going to be a bad conversation. So we went down to the spot down at the lake, it was about sunset. I got out of the car and walked around to the front to talk to him. We met me half way, and without any hesitation he got on one knee and asked me to marry him. I went hysterical, I started crying and I couldn’t really breath, so finally after 2 min of freaking out I said yes. And he wasn’t tough about it either; I saw some tears come from his eyes too.


Bridal shower/Bachelorette party: I had 2 bridal showers. One was at my parent’s house and it was hosted by one of my bridesmaids. The second one was at my aunt’s house and my two aunts and my grandmother hosted it. My bachelorette party was in Park City, UT and it was hosted by one of my bridesmaids. She had the company called Slumber Parties come and entertain us for the evening.


Bachelor party: David’s Bachelor party was hosted by one of his groomsmen. His buddies and him took the ‘Fun Bus’ to Wendover for the night. They left Salt Lake City at 7:30 p.m. and came back to Salt Lake City at 6:00 am the next morning. I tell you what, it made an interesting story when I had to go and pick them up that morning.



WEDDING


Ceremony Place: The wedding took place at my Parents house, in Charleston, UT


Date: July 11, 2009


The bride wore: I wore a white taffeta gown that was bussled on the hip and in the back and had clusters of pearl and crystal beading.


The groom wore: David wore a black tux, with white shirt, clover green vest, and a baby pink tie



RECEPTION


Reception Place: The reception was also held there at my parent’s house


Wedding music: The Jersey Street Band came and played for the reception, and had some classical guitar for the ceremony


Wedding song: Our first dance was, Wrapped up in you- by Garth Brooks. Father and Daughter dance was, Daddy- Kendall Payne. And Mother and Son dance was, American Patrol- by Glenn Miller


Menu: The catering compay that we used was, Culinary Crafts. Our menu was

-Blue Cheese-encrusted Roast Beef with Sun-dried tomato Chutney

-Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Breast

-Basmati Rice Risotto with Sweet Pea Puree and Spring Garlic

-Seared Asparagus with Lemon and Parmesan Curls

-Summer Salad of Baby Greens with Raspberries, Utah Goat Cheese, Cucumber and

-Sweet Red Onions drizzled with Vanilla-fragranced Vinaigrette

-Presentation of Fresh Fruits

-Homemade Artisan Rolls with Butter Blossoms

-Citrus Water

-International Cheese Display with Crackers


Cake: Midway Country Corner, in Midway, UT, did the cake


Colors: My colors were Tea Rose Pink and Clover Green


Theme: Semi-Formal Garden wedding


Flowers: The Window Box in Layton, UT did Flowers


Décor elements: Decorations where provided by Design Elite


Unique details: Design Elite had the unique touch for my wedding



MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT


Bride's answer: When it was time to take the guarder off. He basically gave me a lap dance


Groom's answer: When the wind picked up it was bad weather and as soon as Melinda came out the wind stopped and the sun came out.



HONEYMOON


Place: Alaska. We went on a cruse for 10 days. It was amazing


A memorable moment of the honeymoon: When we went to Juno we took a floatplane up to Taku lodge in the middle of the mountains. We ate fresh baked salmon and watch black bears eat the salmon fat off the grill.



WEDDING ADVICE

“If your going to fight, fight naked”- Mellissa Lasslo (one of my bridesmaids)







































VENDORS

Rings: David Castro- Cedar City, UT

Invitations: Wasatch Wave, Designed my Elizabeth Hendricksen

Rehearsal dinner: Charleston City Park, Hosted by the Hendricksen Family

Guest book- Opie Foto

Photography: Opie Foto

Bridal gown: Fantasy Bridal- South Jordan, UT

Alterations: Fantasy Bridal- South Jordan, UT

Hair and Makeup: Myself

Bridesmaids' dresses: Fantasy Bridal, South Jordan, UT

Groom’s Tux/Suit: Menswear house

Flowers: The Window Box

Decorations and rentals: Design Elite

Catering: Culinary Craft

Cake: Midway Country Coner, Midway UT

Venue: My Parents house

Entertainment/Music: The Jersey Street Band

Wedding planner: Deign Elite

Officiant: Pastor Bill Croft

Transportation: Our own

Guest lodging: The Homestead Lodge

No comments: