Wednesday, October 17, 2007

a note from Opie...

...full of new ideas. This post is totally random and has nothing to do with a recent photo shoot but I've been thinking a lot about the 2008 year and I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on my new 2008 pricing.

I've talked to a bunch of brides over the past few months and I'm starting to see a pattern in what people want in terms of wedding photography. I think every couple should have their own custom wedding photography package. I just don't feel like anyone fits into a cookie cutter "Silver Package" or "Diamond Package". I've even had one bride flat out tell me to just do a la carte pricing so she can put together her own package with what she wants. I've also found that most couples don't want to even worry about paying for or selecting a wedding album until AFTER the wedding. There is also no point in forcing you to buy prints from me with a "print credit". I just figure if you want prints you'll order some and if you want an album you'll order one. There is just no point in making you commit to prints and products when you haven't even seen the pictures yet!!

So, I'll be changing my pricing structure to just be a bare bones basic package with a high res. disc and then I encourage you to add on whatever you would like from my a la carte pricing. So, if you've been visiting my site and you think one of my current packages will work for you please contact me as soon as possible because there will be a small price increase when I release my new prices.

*Since I try not to post without a picture here is diamond in the ruff from Naina's bridals.

No comments: